A Pipe Broke at the Store Next Door--Who Can Help Me Bail Out My New York City Gift Shop?
SERVPRO Technicians Are Experienced Commercial Water Detectives, Ready to Find and Arrange for Water Removal Regardless of the Source in New York City
No matter how diligent you are to maintain your retail property in New York City, the proximity of other buildings and units within the same building, unfortunately, can cause your neighbor’s watery misfortune to affect your shop. In a particularly cruel twist, your store might be hit harder with water damage than the space featuring the leaky pipe or malfunctioning appliance depending on where the water flows.
How Can Water Meanderings Be Traced?
Commercial water removal in New York City is made more straightforward when trained technicians employ sensitive tools to locate the water. Finding wet building materials or fixtures in your shop can shock if the “event” that caused the flow was elsewhere. Our technicians trained to use the following devices to outline the extent of the damage and identify building cavities or other spaces where the water collected and needs removal:
- Moisture detectors -- pronged or flat-faced, used to find wet areas.
- Moisture meters -- must be appropriately calibrated for the materials tested. Some are “penetrating” and use probes to evaluate moisture levels among several layers. In contrast, non-penetrating meters use sensors that seek to determine how “conductive” materials are (can be a sign of moisture or a false positive when metal interferes).
- Thermal imaging -- temperature fluctuations interpreted by a trained technician can signal trapped expanses of water.
- Thermo-hygrometers -- measure temperature and relative humidity, particularly useful during the drying phase.
- Boroscopes--allow our SERVPRO team to peer inside cavities and nooks and crannies
After Water Migrates, How Does It Make Its Exit?
SERVPRO crews arrive at your door with water removal and drying equipment stocked in our service vehicles. We position pumps for water deeper than two inches and use truck-mounted extractors for the bulk of the remaining water. Portable extractors help in confined spaces and, with the use of extenders and sometimes strategically placed holes or drywall removal, can suction the water lingering in cavities. Air movers and dehumidifiers team together to dry out wet materials.
You need fast water removal and comprehensive structural drying when your business is swimming in unexpected fluids. SERVPRO of Lower East Side Manhattan is ready to accomplish both for you with one call to (917) 423-6364.