Can SERVPRO Fully Restore My Fire Damaged Home?
Call SERVPRO for Professional Restoration of Your New York City Residence
No agency can eliminate every trace of fire damage. Still, in New York City, fire restoration by SERVPRO is done in a professional, thorough manner that leaves your residence in a clean, odor-free environment safe to live in once again.
Where Do the Technicians Begin?
Since most fire damage in New York City is from the residue smoke particles leave behind, our team members start with a set of cleaning principles designed to remove them as quickly as possible.
- Locate Residues – The team leader starts at the fire’s origin and determines where the smoke left residues throughout the residence.
- Identify Residues – The various substances that burned leave multiple types of residues. Team members select the cleaning agents and methods that are most effective in removing them.
- Identify Surfaces – The team leader should also be sure that the agents and methods they use are appropriate for the surface to be cleaned. For example, if a surface is already water-damaged, a technician may only be able to brush off any residues.
- Capture & Remove Residues – If the residues are sticky or very thick, technicians may have to use a cleaning agent to break them up for removal by hand with a brush or with a vacuum.
- Dispose of the Residues – Team members carefully contain and dispose of the residues and any waste they generate when cleaning the residence.
What About My Neighbors; Will Your Actions Affect Them?
SERVPRO technicians work hard to keep the amount of noise from our efforts to a minimum. We also take exceptional care not to spread any debris or soot particles during removal. Our teams understand that your neighbors, especially if they were not affected by the fire, do not want to deal with the restoration.
To learn more about what SERVPRO of Lower East Side Manhattan can do for your home, call us at (917) 423-6364 today.
More about New York City.