Mold Remediation and Restoration
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Mold Remediation Technicians
- Specialized Mold Remediation Equipment
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
The Severity of Mold in Your New York City Home or Business
After discovering mold in your New York City property, several steps must occur to resolve this issue. As a professional remediation firm, we understand the standing regulations in New York state regarding the protection of its residents. We cannot begin our work until a third-party mold assessor determines the work that your home requires. With a separate mold assessment, you can be confident that companies like ours are not upselling you on services your home does not require.
With mold damage being a substantial threat to New York Cityhomes and businesses, resolving these situations must happen as soon as possible. We have multiple remediation strategies for removing active colonization from hosting materials and contents. Some of these include:
- Controlled demolition
- Media blasting
- Antimicrobial products
Preventing the Spread of Microbial Threats
Containment is an essential factor in the work that we do from when our technicians first arrive, as physical barriers prevent the spread of active spores and stop the organism from reaching new areas. With thick plastic sheeting and wood framing, our team can establish drying zones to regulate airflow, air quality, and moisture removal.
Content Management and Deodorization
One of the mitigation stages is protecting the belongings, and this can sometimes mean relocating them off-site to our SERVPRO warehouse. In our hands, your possessions can be dried, cleaned, deodorized, and stored until remediation completes, and we can return them to the property.
If You See Signs of Mold,
Call Us Today – (917) 423-6364
Confusion and misunderstanding surround the topic of mold and mold remediation. Some restoration businesses even make claims to remove all mold from a building. This is a fallacy. Mold spores occur naturally almost everywhere, both indoors and outdoors. These microscopic spores float along in the air and can enter a home or business through windows and HVAC systems. Consider these facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Why Choose SERVPRO of Lower East Side Manhattan?
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster
A minor mold problem can quickly become a major infestation if left untreated. We can start the remediation process immediately after you contact us. A faster response lessens the mold damage, limits additional damage, and reduces the remediation cost.
We’re Highly Trained Mold Remediation Specialists
We specialize in water and mold damage restoration, with advance training in restoration techniques and the experience and specialized equipment to quickly restore your property.
- Applied Microbial Remediation Specialist
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technician
We Use Advanced Mold Remediation Techniques and Equipment
Our initial focus is to stop the source of water feeding the mold. We then isolate the affected area using a negative air pressure chamber. We invest in ongoing mold remediation training and the latest equipment to serve you better
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold infestation is different, from the amount of mold to the types of materials affected. Each scenario requires a unique solution, but the general process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our process for a “typical” mold remediation infestation:
- Emergency Contact - (917) 423-6364
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Common Mold Misconceptions
It’s easy to understand why many people struggle to grasp the facts and issues surrounding indoor mold because sensational news stories and advertising cloud and obscure the real issues. Educate yourself with the facts about mold and learn about the mold remediation process.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
We live and work in this community too; we might even be neighbors. As a locally owned and operated business, SERVPRO of Lower East Side Manhattan is close by and ready to help with your mold-damaged property. We are proud to be an active member of the New York City community and want to pitch in and help make our community the best it can be.
When a major storm or event occurs, we can call upon our national network of 1,700 SERVPRO Franchises and special Disaster Recovery Teams if we need additional resources or personnel.
We are proud to serve our local communities: